I think I was born this way. I fixate on details. This does not mean that I am compulsively clean and spend hours organizing my drawers (not that there’s anything wrong with that), this just means that when I work I do not finish until it is exactly as I think it should be. It served me extremely well as a school student and now as a small business owner I think it really helps set me apart. While I do try to have a sense of humor about all things in life, here are several reasons that perfectionists make the best voiceovers, not in a particular order:
- Any specific requests, whether written in the specs or given verbally, will always be met as a perfectionist takes such details VERY seriously
- Editing is very clean and nothing sloppy is ever left on – no good perfectionist would ever stand for sloppy editing.
- I have a very good ear – if I listen to something and feel that the overall gestalt of the piece is “off” I would never leave it. How could I? It’s either right or it’s…not.
- I always meet the time window on an order or booking and never have scheduling issues because, as a good perfectionist, I take the planning very seriously:)
- On a repeat job, I can easily match tone, pitch, and voice.